Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Suburban Safari



These slouchy trousers have been hanging on my closet door ever since I got them back from the tailor a week ago (I bought them a size too big because they were on sale for $11 at New York & Co and I just couldn't pass them up) but I couldn't figure out what to wear them with. This is what I came up with. Jer said I looked like I was going on a Safari and I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing. Safari inspiration was all over the Fall 09 runways (I especially liked how Ralph Lauren paired slouchy tapered trousers with tweed and velvet; Ralph knows what he's doing...) and this is my take on that motif. It's a work in progress. What do you guys think? Now what I really need to update the whole look is a pair of lace up boots...

Slouchy ankle trousers, New York & Co. Black tank top, Styles. Black vest w/ties, Forever 21. Black leather belt, horn necklace, and smoky topaz ring, all vintage courtesy of my mom:). Black leather t-strap, open-toe heels, Simply Vera by Vera Wang. Sunglasses, Target (my first pair of cheepies!!!)

1 comment:

  1. this look is great
    the vest is gorgeous, this is fantastic

    -cma
    check out my blog @
    cosmicaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers