Thursday, October 29, 2009

Recycle, Reduce, Re-use.



Because of budget constraints, I am on a no-new-clothes-stint, forcing myself to wear everything in my closet starting with pieces that I've never worn. It can be fun to reincarnate and recycle pieces that you loved in the past, trying to make them current and fresh. This aquamarine flower cut-out top is a vintage piece I picked up during the summer but never got around to wearing until now. I think it might have been an old lady's beach cover-up in its past life (I swear it kind of smells like coconut and Virginia Slims.) Although on second thought, it does more exposing than covering up, hence the white cami underneath, so maybe not...

I also recycled these super light wash jeans, which I bought seven years ago and only wore them a few times. I had my mom help me rip the seams from the knees down and take in the flare to turn them into semi-skinny jeans. She thought it was too much work, and one calf is a little tighter than the other, but all-in-all I think it was worth it. The belt is a re-use vintage find too! Looks like I'm off to a good start.

Last, but definitely not least, Chicisimo-one of my favorite sites for street style-has featured my Miami Vice blazer outfit as one of the "Best Outfits of the Week" so if you haven't already voted, DO IT!!!

Aquamarine flower cut-out top and camel leather woven belt, vintage. Super light wash jeans, 7 For All Mankind. Strappy leather heels, Dolce Vita. Coral hoops and gemstone ring, Forever 21.

4 comments:

  1. I love that top! And you got rid of your quote?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just discover your blog! It's fantastic!!
    I follow you!

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Followers