Friday, November 6, 2009
I was wearing this orange scarf one day during my administrative law class which was held in this huge lecture hall with at least a hundred other students when the professor stopped mid sentence and said, "Janet, that's a beautiful scarf, an amazing color." I think I mumbled some sort of thank you, but what I am sure of is that the pretty orange color did NOT complement the bright red color of my face as I watched 100 sets of eyes descend upon my scarf and I. I think about that professor every time I put on that scarf now.
Changing subjects now, I'm getting really fed up with the clothes in my closet. I'm getting to the point where I don't think I can get much more creative with what I have until I get just a few key pieces to add to the mix.
Here is my list:
1. A leopard (possibly faux-fur, but maybe just print) swing jacket
2. Colored skinny jeans, I'm thinking mustard
3. Open toe suede ankle booties, I'm picturing them in a light gray, surprise, surprise...
4. Over the knee leather boots (like I've mentioned before, it's easier said than done--I've been looking forever)
5. Black leather lace up ankle to mid calf high-heel boots
6. Pretty much anything with a chunky 3" plus heel
I'm going to end the list there for now because the shoe list should actually be a list of its own and it's endless. I'll keep you posted on how acquiring all this all goes down.
Black cropped trench jacket, Weekend Wearhouse. Orange fringe scarf, white banded jersey top, wrap-around leather belt, turquoise earrings and cocktail ring, Forever 21. Turquoise chain-link bracelet, vintage. Leggings, Styles. Button-up booties, Seychelles.
Posted by Janet at 8:09 AM